Fudge Stuffed Blondies
Yield: 6 large blondies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Tessa's Recipe Rundown...
Taste: Sweet, chocolaty, and buttery. What more could you want?!
Texture: Insanely chewy and fudgy!
Ease: Placing the fudge layer in between the blondie batter is a little awkward, but luckily it doesn’t have to be perfect.
Pros: Fun twist on a simple dessert. You could also cut them up into smaller pieces to feed a crowd.
Would I make this again? Yes, definitely.
That’s actually the reason it took so long for me to finally be able to publish these Fudge Stuffed Blondies!
The first batch of photos didn’t capture the intensely fudgy texture quite well enough.
Then the second batch of photos came out the complete wrong color
And after making a few batches of these blondies while developing the recipe and while photographing, I just couldn’t have them in the house anymore. They’re TOO dangerous.
So I waited a few months. Then the other day I felt a jolt of inspiration and immediately got into the kitchen to make these blondies.
Finally, I think I was able to capture the texture. Can’t you just imagine what taking a bite would feel and taste like?! I hope you make these soon. They’re super easy to whip up.
While placing the fudge filling onto the first layer of blondie batter, I like to take portions of the fudge, flatten it out slightly in my hands, then place it down to make a relatively even layer. Luckily it’ll all bake out into a dream, whether the layers were perfect or not.
If you do make this Fudge Stuffed Blondies recipe, be sure to snap a picture and share it on Instagram with #handletheheat.
HOW TO MAKE
Fudge Stuffed Blondies
Fudge Stuffed Blondies are insanely rich and gooey with a hidden layer of easy chocolate fudge inside every bite! Simple 35 minute recipe. Download my FREE Cookie Customization Guide here!
For the filling:
- 1 1/4 cups 213 grams semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
For the blondies:
- 1 stick 113 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup 200 grams light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup 127 grams all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8 by 8-inch pan with foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan set over low heat combine the condensed milk, chocolate chips, and butter. Heat, stirring often, until melted and smooth. Let cool.
- In a large bowl stir together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla until smooth. Add in the salt and flour and stir until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan. Scoop and flatten the fudge mixture evenly over the dough. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Pour the remaining batter over the fudge evenly to cover completely.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden on the outside but still fudgy and moist on the inside. It’s better to under-bake than over-bake here! Let cool completely before cutting.
© Handle the Heat - handletheheat.com
Join the Handle the Heat Community
Instead of digging through cookbooks and magazines and searching the internet for amazing recipes, subscribe to Handle the Heat to receive new recipe posts delivered straight to your email inbox. You’ll get all the latest recipes, videos, kitchen tips and tricks AND my *free* Cookie Customization Guide (because I am the Cookie Queen)!